Sunday, January 9, 2011

Wildcard Weekend 2011



So I said to my brother today during the Green Bay-Philly game, "Wow, if Green Bay holds on that will be all 4 wild card teams advancing, and not a single divisional winner moving on."  He immediately corrected me.  I totally forgot the Seahawks were the divisional winners - after all the discussion about how terrible they are, and underdogged to the Saints, I forgot.

I agree with the arguments that the Seahawks shouldn't even be in the playoffs, but I'm done with that argument.  It's a moot point.  Now it's a level playing field.  Regular season record matters for dick.  Good for the Seahawks winning yesterday.  It's not easy to beat the defending champs, but they should totally thank the New Orleans defense.  They did them a solid throughout the whole game.  Beyond that, their #1 running back was Julius Jones.  He's so bad even the Seahawks knew they had to move on from that relationship, ZING!

Next week, Seahawks at Bears.  Am I the only one who isn't sold on the Bears supremacy?  Need I remind you...



Then it was the Jets who defeated the Colts.  Or did Jim Caldwell just decide to fuck over Peyton Manning?  Either/or.  The look on Peyton's face seemed to say, "Dammit Jim!  Why don't you let me coach the fucking team?!"  I don't think I've seen a team win a playoff game with such a poor performance from a QB ever.  Sanchize made it seem like the football had the opposite polarity of Dustin Keller's hands.  I was going to say "...such a poor performance from a QB since Trent Dilfer...", but I don't think Trent Dilfer was ever this bad.  Will be rooting for the Jets, but they're going to get spanked.  (In all honesty, the Jets had a very well executed 2nd half - lucky they didn't have to really rely on Mark Sanchez).

Ravens over Chiefs - it looked for a minute like the Chiefs were going to make it a game.  Matt Cassel looked like a backup again.  Ravens have the tools to beat the Steelers.  In the AFC it's an all divisional Divisional round matchup weekend.  Sexy.  Go Ravens - I think this will be the best game of the week.

As a Giants fan, it's always easy for me to root against the Eagles, but it stings a bit when the team you are rooting for was another team your guys were in a "win-and-in" scenario with, and lost.  Aaron Rodgers seems like a good dude.  If you think about it, it's amazing the Packers have gotten this far.  Lost Ryan Grant for the year.  Packers vs Falcons, smart money is on the #1 team in the NFC, but if anyone can make the playoff push it's Aaron Rodgers.  Greg Jennings, Donald Driver, James Jones, and then Jordy Nelson and Tom Crabtree.  Are you serious?  Dude makes all his receivers look crazy good.

Packers-Patriots Super Bowl anyone?

I'd watch.


(I'm just glad I don't have to see Drew Brees and his retarded-looking child in any celebration at least for another year)

No comments:

Post a Comment