Sunday, December 19, 2010

Mid-Week 15 [Giants] Quick Comments

I still can't believe what happened today.  Coulda-Woulda-Shoulda.  If the Giants win, Eagles media and fans question turnovers, and plays at the end of the 1st half for the GMeN to go up 24-3.

Instead it's the other way around.  Halfway through the 4th quarter it was like the Giants started playing prevent defense and Mike Vick picked up 30 yards rushing like it was nothing.  Next thing you knew, it was a 7 point game.  The rest is history.

Beyond the Giants game, there were a few interesting things to happen this week.  With Green Bay making it a game tonight, the Giants remain in the projected playoffs by one game.  The Giants need to win out to make the playoffs, if you ask me.  The Washington game is a traditional Giants trap game - let's say they get beyond the Pack next week, they can still screw the pooch in Week 17 against Rex Grossman's Redskins, and yeah, that sounds weird to say (type).

Both Seattle and St. Louis lost, which puts your 4th playoff seed in the NFC currently with a win percentage of .429, and with a best possible record of 8-8.  I think more embarrassing things could happen, like eliminating the Bucs or Packers with a sub-.500 record to end a 17 week season.  That would be bad.

Jets win - um, I thought they COULD do it, but never thought they'd actually do it.  It was one of those things I said that go for the 1:1,000,000 chance of it happening.

Ravens looked pretty good today against my nemesis's, the Saints.  Ray Rice has had a relatively slow year (compared to last), but he looks poised to make a strong run potentially (likely) into the playoffs.

AFC bubble teams are JAX/IND and SD.  NFC bubble teams are GB and TB.

Seriously, the NFC West sucks.  All divisions across the NFL have at least two teams above .500, the NFC doesn't have one.  Just terrible.

How 'bout them Lions?  Two wins in a row?  If you told me Matt Stafford wasn't going to remain healthy in his career and the third string QB was going to help them to their first win streak in a little bit, I wouldn't believe you.  Jesus that's depressing... last time they won two or more in a row was Weeks 7, 8 & 9 of 2007; TB, CHI, DEN.

In happier news, it looks like I've advanced to the Fa Pay Bowl - my big money league's championship game.  Mario Manningham put up some quality points for me, and then his stupid fumble while falling out of bounds turned the Giants luck today, but seemed to solidify my place in the finals.  'Til my next Giants rant!

No comments:

Post a Comment